2014-2015 Seminar Speaker Bios
Dr. Alan Scott Douglas
- a 1989 graduate of the University of Texas Dental School at San Antonio
- 1990 graduate of a residency in Advanced Education in General Dentistry at The University of Texas Dental School at San Antonio
- 1991 graduate of a General Practice Residency at the Audie L. Murphy Memorial Veterans Hospital
- Currently director for the AEGD residency program at the VA hospital, a position he has held for the past 20 years
- Participated in numerous implant and dental materials studies, including a focus on implant research
Dr. Gary DeWood
- native of Toledo, Ohio, Gary earned a B.S. in Education from Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio and a D.D.S. from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. Immediately following dental school he completed a General Practice Residency at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. In 1995 he completed the University of Florida Facial Pain Center mini-residency and in 2004 earned the M. S. in Biomedical Sciences degree at The University of Toledo College of Medicine.
- Gary currently serves as Executive Vice-President at Spear Education. He has presented to international audiences in the areas of occlusion, temporo-mandibular disorders, bite splint therapy, restorative dentistry, esthetics, financial management, and practice management.